We’re looking for a passionate Software Project Manager to join our growing team and build the next wave of mobile and web applications. We are looking for a full-time, local or remote person who is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment. As a Digital Project Manager at Modern Logic you’ll be responsible for working with clients to build custom digital projects on a collaborative team. As a critical contributor to a lean but effective team, you’ll benefit from access to some of the best senior developers in the space, as well as ample opportunities to bring your strategic ideas to life in digital products.
It would be great if you were in the Minneapolis area, but talented people are located around the country. We are open to remote work for candidates based in the United States.
Who we are:
Modern Logic is a Minneapolis-based digital product agency that helps innovative companies leverage technology. We employ a world-class team of developers, designers and Project Managers. The products we’ve built have been launched on billions of devices worldwide. Though we’re proud of our work on Apple and Adobe products, we’re also proud of the technology solutions we’ve built for some of the best and brightest start-ups. As a company, we value diversity, inclusion, and a healthy balance of work and life. Learn more at modernlogic.io.
- Collaborates with the Director of Client services, Sales, Principal Development and Software Leads, internal design team and our clients to build cutting edge digital software applications.
- Manages the software development life cycle including research, architecture, development, customization, testing, and release.
- Develops requirements, budgets, and schedules for software development projects and team members.
- Establishes milestones, anticipates issues, and monitors adherence to project scope, requirements, design documents, and schedules.
- Facilitate requirements meetings with clients and project team.
- Serves as liaison between technical and non-technical departments, and clients in order to ensure that all targets and requirements are met.
- Assumes day-to-day responsibility for ensuring that the project is completed on time, on budget and exceeds customers expectations.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following.
- Ethics – Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and principles; upholds organizational values.
- Compassion – Actively works to empathize and improve the wellbeing of themselves, team members, and clients; works to communicate in a way that optimizes emotional health; and prioritizes work life balance.
- Communication – Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally; expresses ideas and thoughts in written form; exhibits good listening and comprehension; keeps others adequately informed; selects and uses appropriate communication methods.
- Achievement Focus – Sets and achieves challenging goals; demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; measures self against standard of excellence; recognizes and acts on opportunities; takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
- Analytical – Synthesizes complex or diverse information; collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to complement data; designs workflows and procedures.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently; plans for additional resources; sets goals and objectives; organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; develops realistic action plans.
- Use of Technology – Demonstrates required skills; adapts to new technologies; troubleshoots technological problems; uses technology to increase productivity; keeps technical skills up to date.
What’s in it for you:
- Be a part of an incredible team of “A” players. Benefit from working with seasoned professionals in the software development space.
- Ample opportunities to bring your strategic ideas to life in digital products.
- Help to solve tough problems for clients through technology and collaboration.
- Learn new technologies and skills working with a highly motivated team and clients.
- We place great emphasis on work/life balance. We have families and hobbies and know you do, too.
- You have 3 years experience as a Software Project Manager and shipped several digital software projects. (Mobile or Web preferred).
- You have experience in SCRUM and running Agile software development projects.
- You are passionate about learning and are willing to work with your team to improve yourself and master new technologies.
- You are self-directed, looking to solve problems before they happen. You are also willing to ask questions when you are stuck. (We will help)
- Enthusiasm, personality, teamwork, and a positive attitude count tremendously.
- Can deftly manage their time (and the time of others).
- You can juggle multiple initiatives at once and thrive in an ever changing environment.
- Create and maintain project timelines. Loves lists, spreadsheets, and tracking progress.
- Sweats the details but doesn’t get lost in them.
- Is comfortable leading discussions, even the hard ones with internal teams and clients.
- Is eager to learn and own projects end-to-end.
- Plan and facilitate internal meetings, and client meetings.
- Produce various reports (status reports, tracking reports, budget, etc).
- Contribute to project documentation (i.e. Project Briefs, Functional Requirements, etc).
- Prioritize tickets, follow up on tasks and open items, planning/groom the backlog of features.
- Learn to anticipate client and team needs and help them make informed decisions regarding project scope.
- Balance client needs with internal team needs. The desire and ability to brainstorm ideas, do research, remain current with industry trends and best practices.
- Proven work experience (at least 5+ years) as a Software Project Manager and shipped multiple and varied digital software projects.
- A practical understanding of content management systems.
- Hands-on experience with ticketing systems such as JIRA, Clubhouse, or Trello.
- SCRUM certification.
- Experience with time tracking resources on multiple projects
- Experience managing a remote team members
Modern Logic cares deeply about the health and wellness of our employees. As a fulltime employee, you can expect:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- HSA / FHA
- Health Care through United Health Care
- Matched 401k
- Vision & Dental
- Flexible work hours (parents welcome!)
- Generous PTO policy
- Summer break (1 week)
- Winter holiday break (2 weeks)
- Modern Logic is closed on the following US holidays:
- New Year’s Eve & New Year’s Day
- MLK Jr. Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day & Day after Thanksgiving
- Christmas Eve & Christmas Day
Then please send an email titled “Project Manager” to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
Please send your resume, cover letter to
- A resume
- Answers to the following questions:
- Briefly describe a project that you successfully managed end-to-end.
- What challenges did you face and what did you do to overcome them?
- What do you like to do when you are not working?
- A cover letter telling us a bit about you and what excites you about joining our team.
- Desired salary